Head Office, Stockton-On-Tees
At Francis Brown, we are more than just a century-strong company; uniting time-honored tradition and a spirit of innovation, we engineer bespoke solutions that power an ever-changing world. We are committed to quality and integrity, harnessing collaboration to deliver precision-crafted fabrications.
Our work environment centres around three core values, that are more than just words on paper, acting as guiding principles at the heart and soul of our business. They make us who we are. We are committed to nurturing a work environment that embodies these values, where every team member is empowered to contribute to our legacy of Evolving Excellence, operate with Steadfast Integrity, and thrive in the spirit of Dynamic Collaboration. Together, we drive progress and shape the future, and we would love for you to be a part of this extraordinary journey.
As a Plater at Francis Brown, you will embody professional workmanship and uphold the highest standards of safety in all aspects of your role. Your responsibilities include maintaining safe working practices throughout the facility and external sites if required, as well as ensuring general housekeeping in your working areas. If trained and competent, you will engage in slinging duties and tack welding, adhering to company and client specifications.
A critical part of your role is to report any defects and shortages to production supervisors. You will carry out plating operations in accordance with relevant work instructions and production requirements, ensuring projects meet their specified needs. Your ability to read and interpret drawings and relevant information is vital in preparing steel to specification and assembling projects accurately, in line with specified criteria.
Competence in cutting and preparing plates/sections and assembling fabrication work for final assembly and welding by welders is essential. You will also liaise with inspection/quality teams and other departments as required. Using the fabrication halls and company equipment efficiently and safely is a key aspect of your role.
- Ensure Health, Safety environmental and quality is embedded within the culture.
- To maintain a high standard of workmanship.
- Work with the production team.
- Ensure all project tolerances and specifications required by the company / client are achieved.
- Behave in a professionally, competently manner and ensuring compliancy with legislation and company policy.
- Completed a time served apprenticeship in the relevant discipline.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and understand and interpret engineering drawings.
- To be competent in using equipment and undertake internal/external training as required to meet requirements.
- Experience in structural fabrication.
- Working as an individual and when required with team colleagues to ensure that project requirements are met.
- To act and behave in a professional and productive manner.
- To be able to meet targets and objectives set by production supervisors and the company.
- Embrace new challenges and ensure individual and collective competency.
Why Join Us:
By becoming a part of Francis Brown, you’ll be joining a team that values the balance of tradition and innovation. In return for your skills, we provide a dynamic, relationship focused environment, with competitive compensation and plenty of opportunities for growth, learning and varied work.
Francis Brown is an equal opportunity employer.