Business Unit Manager
Head Office, Stockton-On-Tees
At Francis Brown, we are more than just a century-strong company; uniting time-honoured tradition and a spirit of innovation, we engineer bespoke solutions that power an ever-changing world. We are committed to quality and integrity, harnessing collaboration to deliver precision-crafted fabrications.
Our work environment centres around three core values, that are more than just words on paper, acting as guiding principles at the heart and soul of our business. They make us who we are. We are committed to nurturing a work environment that embodies these values, where every team member is empowered to contribute to our legacy of Evolving Excellence, operate with Steadfast Integrity, and thrive in the spirit of Dynamic Collaboration. Together, we drive progress and shape the future, and we would love for you to be a part of this extraordinary journey.
In this pivotal role, as Project Manager you’ll be the driving force behind delivering projects on time, the first time, meeting all specifications and safety & quality standards, to ultimate customer satisfaction.
Customer satisfaction is at the core of this role, making you the primary liaison between our business, and our clients, effectively communicating to ensure all team members and contractors are acutely aware of project objectives.
You will be the guardian of project budgets and strive to maximise profitability, whilst also identifying and skillfully managing risks, maintaining a transparent and open approach to project reporting and leading the way in compliance of Quality and Health & Safety.
The Project Manager role culminates in the control of project close-out and the determination of an effective close-out strategy.
- HNC in technical Engineering subject and ideally membership with relevant institution (e.g. IMechE.)
- 3+ years as a Project Manager with a proven track record of executing multi-disciplinary, industry related, projects across a range of sectors and customers, with successful adherence to health, safety & environmental targets in a highly regulated industry.
- Significant time spent in the negotiation and control of external equipment, services and contractors and background of consistent achievement/improvement of project financial targets.
- Proven man-management experience of successfully managing multi disciplined teams in a technical engineering environment.
- Consistent achievement/improvement of project financial targets.
- Advantage to have 2D/3D CAD capability
Why Join Us:
By becoming a part of Francis Brown, you’ll be joining a team that values the balance of tradition and innovation. In return for your skills, we provide a dynamic, relationship focussed environment, with competitive compensation and plenty of opportunities for growth, learning and varied work.
Your commitment to professionalism, ethics, and collaboration with clients, contractors, and team members sets the standard for excellence. Join us in making a difference at the intersection of safety, quality, and project success.
Francis Brown is an equal opportunity employer.